Gifted Nutrition BYLT.
You’ve heard the hype.
You’ve seen the videos.
But you’re probably still wondering to yourself “just what is BYLT and why do I need it?”
As I’m sure you already know, there’s nothing worse than being half way through a workout and all of a sudden you hit the wall.
All of your energy stores are gone and your pre-workout has probably worn off.
The reason this happens is because during intense exercise and training your body produces lactic acid which in turn causes pH levels to drop – resulting in fatigue, cramping and even tissue damage from the highly acidic environment.
When you “hit the wall” like this it usually means you will not be able to train at maximum intensity for the back half of your workout – which is not really an option for a serious lifter.
This is where adding an “intra-workout” like BYLT can really help.
Research has shown that by adding properly timed essential amino acids you can help increase the amount of protein that reaches your muscles during your workout and help replenish energy stores so you can maintain workout intensity for the duration of your training session.
BYLT™ contains a scientifically formulated blend of key ingredients designed to help you reduce muscle fatigue & soreness, rehydrate the body and sustain energy levels for the duration of your workout allowing you to train longer and harder.
So what is the BYLT intra-workout formula made of, and how does it work?
Power Ingredient 1: CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid – it can be found as a component of a dipeptide in chicken and fish.
In the body, however, beta-alanine is combined with the amino acid histidine to form carnosine; and muscle carnosine buffers the hydronium ions that lead to muscle fatigue and failure.
Tested on a wide range of athletic performance, including sprinting, cycling, rowing, and weight lifting, CarnoSyn® beta-alanine is clinically proven to:
- Increase muscle carnosine for prolonged periods
- Increase muscle buffering capacity
- Decrease acidosis
- Improve endurance
- Delay fatigue
- Increase strength
- Speed recovery from intense exercise
CarnoSyn® is the #1 selling patented brand of beta-alanine in the world, and more than 20 published studies support its use.
Power Ingredient 2: Sustamine
A combination of L-Glutamine (the most important amino acid for stimulating muscle protein synthesis) and L-Alanine (an amino acid needed for rebuilding glycogen stores), Sustamine is the result of a patented fermentation process that creates a true dipeptide for the efficient absorption of these amino acids in the body.*
Suitable for use in dietary supplements, energy/sport and electrolyte beverages, meal replacements, nutritional bars and more – Sustamine is the only dipeptide backed by oral human clinical results, and the only self-affirmed GRAS dipeptide of L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine for foods and beverages.
How do dipeptides speed absorption and recovery?
A dipeptide is a bonded chain of two amino acids, in this case, L-Glutamine and L-Alanine. Smaller than a complete protein, the dipeptide Sustamine is absorbed faster than individual amino acids.
To get into cells, however, dipeptides and amino acids must wait for a “transporter”. A transporter can carry either a single amino acid or a dipeptide through the cell barrier at once.
Through coupling for transport, dipeptides drastically reduce the time and energy needed for cellular recovery.
Why a dipeptide?
- Dipeptides are absorbed more efficiently than protein
- Dipeptides do not require additional energy to break down bulky protein molecules
- Dipeptides increase amino acid transport into cells for faster recovery
- Dipeptides supply two amino acids for the energy costs of one
- Dipeptides might be more stable and effective than single amino acids
So why combine L-Glutamine with L-Alanine?
Combined into a single dipeptide, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, Sustamine helps the body restore a lot more efficiently than just L-Glutamine or L-Alanine alone. Here’s how:
- Sustamine supplies vital nutrients. Sustamine supplies the body with the protein precursors needed to rebuild muscle tissues after moderate and intense exertion.
- Sustamine modulates immune response. L-Glutamine has been shown to effectively modulate the body’s immune response to exercise.
- Sustamine fights free radicals. The combo of L-Glutamine and L-Alanine has been shown in studies to support the body’s natural antioxidant defense against the oxidative stress produced by free radicals.
- Sustamine replenishes energy stores. Research indicates that Sustamine helps refill depleted glycogen stores. In fact, new studies have shown that L-Alanine may contribute up to 45% of the glucose released from the liver during prolonged exercise.
- Sustamine increases electrolyte and water absorption. Studies show that a combination of L-Alanine with L-Glutamine may be more effective than L-Glutamine alone for increasing electrolyte and water absorption lost during exercise.
- Sustamine increases product stability and quality. Research indicates that combining L-Glutamine with another amino acid to form a substrate is more stable and less subject to degradation at high temperatures than L-Glutamine alone. This enhances quality and prolongs shelf life.